The 49th Annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon (VRL) was held by the Junior League of San Jose on Tuesday, April 17 in Campbell. This year, the Junior League of San Jose celebrated 51 years of serving their community with nearly 700 women dedicated to volunteerism. Every year, the VRL is an important tradition that brings together over 600 community members annually to celebrate volunteerism while recognizing the individuals who generously give their time, energy, and skills to improve the lives of others!
This year's award winners include:
- PACT: People Acting in America - 2018 Thriving Volunteers Award
- Negisa Taymourian - Member's Choice Award
- Michele Cabania, StandUp For Kids, Silicon Valley
- Gavin Coffing, Willow Glen Children’s Theatre
- Magesh Jayapandian, United Way Bay Area
- Cindy Faulkner, Rotary Club of San Jose
- Anne Marie Knapen-Asnong, JW House
- Anika Kumar, Notre Dame High School, San Jose.
- Phil Mastrocola, Grace Baptist Church
- Judy and Julie Paulson, Via Services
- Joyce van Reis, Child Advocates of Silicon Valley
- Sylvia Vizcardo, Self Help Center, Santa Clara County Supreme Court
NBC Bay Area's Today in the Bay, Laura Garcia and Marcus Washington presented the event as the masters of ceremony.
We would like to thank the Junior League of San Jose for continuous service in our community and for more successful, inspirational years to come.