Scores of hungover bloggers, chefs and food industry cognoscenti woke up this morning wrapped in the pounding afterglow of this year's two-day James Beard Foundation Awards extravaganza.
And although only seven NorCal nominees walked away with prestigious JBF Awards, the revelry of the afterparties was a high everyone could experience.
For accounts of the unbridled drunkeness and fratty antics, including Flip Cup at David Chang's new restaurant, Ma Peche, and a dance party full of "grinding restaurant pros" at four-star 11 Madison Park, hop over here for some revealing Hangover Observations from Eater NY. We've also compiled some quick, graphic Twitter snapshots from Food & Wine's Kate Krader; Washington Post food editor, Joe Yonan; JBFA liveblogger, Carol Blymire and our very own Lady T-hop.
Those curious as to which local food pros made the cross-country journey, and where they planned to eat, will enjoy this fun report from the esteemed Signore Lucchesi, who's inhabiting Bauer's blog for the next few days.
Restaurant & Chef Awards:
- Outstanding Pastry Chef: Nicole Plue (Redd, Yountville)
- Outstanding Wine and Spirits Professional Award: John and Doug Shafer (Shafer Vineyards, Napa)
- Rising Star Chef of the Year Award: Timothy Hollignsworth (The French Laundry, Yountville)
- Best Chef: Pacific: David Kinch (Manresa, Los Gatos)
Book & Journalism Awards
- Beverage: Randall Grahm (Been Doon So Long: A Randall Grahm Vinthology)
- General Cooking: Thomas Keller and Dave Cruz (Ad Hoc at Home)
- Website Focusing on Food, Beverage, or Nutrition: Chow. com