NBC Bay Area's Cheryl Hurd reports on the small fire that got a big response Tuesday in the North Bay.
A famous Marin property was the source of an emergency call to the fire department Tuesday night.
About a dozen fire crews responded to a report of a fire at George Lucas' Skywalker ranch. In the end the flames were quickly put out after a fire near the fireplace, according to officials.
A person who works on the property said that the area around the fireplace suffered some damage, but it was confined to that one room.
The fire was reported at 5:34 p.m. at the ranch on Lucas Valley Road, Battalion Chief Mike Giannini told Bay City News.
Skywalker ranch is the $100 million estate of filmmaker George Lucas. It consists of several buildings which include professional studios.
The Mercury News reported it was a chimney fire inside the "main house" on the property and speculated that extra crews may have been called in to protect valuable art and a research library.
The ranch is not home to Lucas. It is described as a retreat type property for Lucas Films.
Wikipedia says the property has its own fire department and that the crew often serves as back up to other emergencies in Marin. Tuesday night, those tables were turned, with the Lucas fireman needing the help of Marin counterparts.