A one-alarm fire at a San Jose home this afternoon led authorities to discover an indoor marijuana grow.
San Jose police Sgt. Ronnie Lopez said a PG&E crew was working to repair a "blown transformer" when they spotted smoke coming from a home in the 3900 block of Forestwood Drive.
Firefighters were notified of the smoke at about 12:20 p.m. and arrived to find a fire burning inside the home's walls. Fire Capt. Chuck Rangel said the blaze started near the spot where electrical power is routed into the home.
The fire was controlled just before 1 p.m. No one was home when the fire started, and no injuries were reported.
Lopez said he did not yet have information on how much marijuana was being grown at the house. He said no arrests have been made in the case.
A PG&E representative was not immediately available to provide more details.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call police at (408) 277-8900. Those wishing to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers at (408) 974-STOP (7867).