Hungry Cyclists Line Up for Tour De Taco
Two wheels, six trucks, countless tasty tacos
Cyrus Farivar, Flickr
Taco lovers took to two wheels for Tour De Taco. The trip's organizer, Cyrus Farivar snapped tis shot with his iPhone during the Feb. 20 event.
Bay Area taco lovers are taking to two wheels this weekend for a unique tasting tour.
Oaklandish Tour De Taco combines a love of the handheld meal with bicycling for a tasty day of taste testing at some Oakland's best taco trucks.
Cyrus Farivar of californiatacotrucks.com is hosting the event, which takes hungry cyclists to half a dozen taco trucks in the Oakland.
The taco tour took off from the Fruitvale BART station at 11 a.m. The trip is free but cyclists were advised to take about $10-$20 for the eats. The group has a Facebook page to sign up for the tour.
Here's a list of the trucks on the Tour De Taco:
- El Ojo De Agua - 12th St. & Fruitvale Ave.
- Tamales Mi Lupita - 34th Ave. & Foothill Blvd.
- El Gordo - International & 42nd Ave.
- Tacos Guadalajara - 10th St. & Fruitvale Ave.
- (Bonus) Cinco de Mayo Ice Cream - 3340 E 12th St & 33rd Ave.
- (Bonus) The Trappist - 460 8th St (& Broadway)
Photo from Cyrus Farivar's Flickr photostream.
It's snow joke: The Vancouver Winter Games are here! Check out NBC Bay Area's full coverage, complete with amazing photo galleries, and more! Fan us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.