San Bruno: A Year Later | NBC Bay Area
Tuesday, May 12, 2015

San Bruno Meets Over PG&E Blast Payout

San Bruno Meets Over PG&E Blast Payout

Nearly five years after a PG&E gas pipeline ruptured in San Bruno, killing eight people and destroying 38 homes, the Crestmoor area is starting to resemble a neighborhood again.

Thursday, Apr 9, 2015

CPUC Fines PG&E $1.6B After Deadly Explosion

CPUC Fines PG&E $1.6B After Deadly Explosion

The California Public Utilities Commission on Thursday voted unanimously to fine PG&E Co. $1.6 billion following a deadly 2010 blast in San Bruno - the largest penalty ever against a California utility - to be...

Thursday, Apr 9, 2015

CPUC to Decide PG&E Penalty for Explosion

CPUC to Decide PG&E Penalty for Explosion

Four and one-half years after a fatal pipeline explosion in San Bruno, the California Public Utilities Commission is set to decide in San Francisco Thursday on a penalty for PG&E Co.

Friday, Mar 13, 2015

CPUC Proposes Larger $1.6B Fine for PG&E

CPUC Proposes Larger $1.6B Fine for PG&E

California Public Utilities Commission President Michael Picker on Friday proposed increasing to $1.6 billion a penalty imposed on PG&E for safety violations related to a fatal 2010 gas pipeline explosion in San...

Wednesday, Sep 3, 2014

PG&E to Appeal $1.4B Penalty for Deadly Pipeline Explosion

PG&E to Appeal $1.4B Penalty for Deadly Pipeline Explosion

PG&E Co. announced Wednesday in San Francisco it will appeal a record $1.4 billion pipeline-safety penalty and fine to the California Public Utilities Commission.

Wednesday, Sep 3, 2014

PG&E Fined $1.4B for Deadly 2010 Gas Line Blast

PG&E Fined $1.4B for Deadly 2010 Gas Line Blast

PG&E was hit with $1.4 billion in penalties by the California Public Utilities Commission Tuesday for safety violations related to the 2010 gas pipeline explosion in San Bruno.

Monday, Aug 18, 2014

PG&E Pleads Not Guilty to Charges in Deadly Blast

PG&E Pleads Not Guilty to Charges in Deadly Blast

Pacific Gas & Electric Co. has pleaded not guilty to charges in a new indictment that accuses the utility of lying to federal investigators looking into a fatal pipeline explosion in a San Francisco Bay...

Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014

Some in San Bruno Not Ready for New Home Construction

Some in San Bruno Not Ready for New Home Construction

Some survivors of the 2012 gas-pipeline explosion in San Bruno say they're not ready for new homes to be built.

Wednesday, Jul 30, 2014

PG&E Charged with Obstruction in San Bruno Blast

PG&E Charged with Obstruction in San Bruno Blast

Pacific Gas & Electric is accused of lying to federal investigators in connection with the fatal 2010 pipeline explosion that leveled a San Bruno neighborhood in 2010.

Friday, Jul 25, 2014

Settlement Reached Over Pipeline Explosion Documents

Settlement Reached Over Pipeline Explosion Documents

The San Francisco Bay Area city that was the site of a deadly 2010 gas line explosion says it has settled a lawsuit against state regulators over documents and emails related to the blast.

Top Stories
Body of Missing 18-Year-Old Jayda Jenkins Found in Creek
Body of Missing 18-Year-Old Jayda Jenkins Found in Creek

Roughly one month after crashing into the swollen Alameda Creek, 18-year-old Jayda Jenkins has been found and positively identified, police said.

Tedious Cleanup Process Underway for Waterlogged San Jose
Tedious Cleanup Process Underway for Waterlogged San Jose

A lengthy and tedious cleanup is well underway for thousands of San Jose residents uprooted by historic flooding earlier in the week.

Shooting of Retired Navy Veteran in His Own Home Questioned
Shooting of Retired Navy Veteran in His Own Home Questioned

NBC Bay Area’s Investigation raises questions about whether Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Deputies violated their own policies and procedures leading up to the shooting of Saratoga homeowner Eugene Craig in September, 2016

Do I Need a New Mattress?
Do I Need a New Mattress?

5 telltale signs that it might be time to upgrade the most important piece of furniture in the household

Outlets Barred From WH Briefing After Trump Assails Media
Outlets Barred From WH Briefing After Trump Assails Media

White House reporters from a number of news organizations, including CNN and the New York Times, were barred from the daily White House press briefing Friday hours after President Donald Trump used his appearance at a gathering of conservative activists to sharply escalate his criticisms of the news media.