Junior League of San Jose (JLSJ) will present its 48th annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon at the Santa Clara Convention Center on Friday, April 28, 2017 during National Volunteer Week.
Laura Garcia-Cannon and Sam Brock from NBC Bay Area News will emcee the event, with this year’s theme of “Rising Above.”
The Volunteer Recognition Luncheon (VRL) celebrates and honors volunteers in our community who have generously given their time, energy and skills to make positive change in Santa Clara County. More than 500 community members attend this heart-warming event every other year.
At the luncheon, all VRL nominees will be presented with a special certificate for their worthy volunteer contributions. Kaiser Permanente will also present their Thriving Volunteer Award to a local nonprofit agency for its volunteer operations. Special recognition will then be given to the Crystal Bowl Winners — outstanding community volunteers who exemplify their contributions in the areas of leadership, youth services, health services, senior services, educational support and professional services, and advocacy, crisis intervention, cultural services and youth volunteers.
The 2017 Crystal Bowl Winners are:
- Raquel Christina Boales, Synchronized Swimming with Athletes with Disabilities
- Raquel Burciaga, School of Arts & Culture
- Robert & Linda Gray, Joseph Weller School
- Larry R. Murchison, California Trolley & Railroad Corporation (CTRC)
- Eric Drew, Eric Drew Foundation
- Shelley Seders, DreamPower Horsemanship
- Barbara Otto, The Grateful Garment Project
- Megan Auyeung, Sacred Heart Community Service
- Vasudha Ramanarasiah, Morehead Education Foundation
Out of these Crystal Bowl Winners, one will be presented with the Volunteerism At Its Best Award. A $1,000 cash prize (sponsored by Union Bank) will be given to the nominating agency.
For more information or to purchase tickets, click here.