Jacob Bautista shares us a creative dish from the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company incorporating ingredients from an NBC Bay Area & Safeway Holiday Food Drive bag.
Tuna Cakes over Safeway Spaghetti with Vegetables topped with Spicy Peanut Butter Red Curry Sauce
1 pkg Safeway Kitchens Spaghetti
1.5 cups Del Monte Family Size Veggies
½ cup Skippy Peanut Butter
1.5 cups Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
3 cups drained Chicken of the Sea Tuna
¼ cup spicy red curry
1 each raw egg
¼ bunch chopped green onions
½ cup Japanese bread crumbs
½ cup vegetable oil1 tblsp soy sauce
½ tsp fish sauce
½ tsp sesame seed oil
½ tsp fresh chopped garlic
½ cup coconut milk (canned)
¼ cup rice vinegar
- Prepare macaroni, as per box instructions, cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl add macaroni, tuna, 1 egg, bread crumbs, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Form small patties, about 2 inches in diameter.
- In a medium size skillet, heat to medium low, add ¼ cup of oil, when oil is hot add your tuna patties, cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Set aside, keep warm.
- Cook spaghetti a dente according to box instructions, drain in cool water to room temperature.
- In a large deep skillet add remaining oil and garlic, sauté for about 1 minute, then add green onions, pasta, vegetables, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame seed oil and salt and pepper to taste. Saute for approx 4 minutes.