The Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA invites everyone to participate in their Fantasy Furball fundraiser which starts today and will run until August 8th.Eight animal themed teams will battle in a head to head showdown until only one is left standing to win it all.
“Our Fantasy Furball fundraiser is inspired by the popular Fantasy Football game,” said PHS/SPCA Communications Manager Buffy Martin Tarbox. “The players for each team are a nod to well-known football players each representing a different Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA program.”
Eight teams (programs) will battle for donations to win it all and be crowned Super Furbowl Champions. The winning team will receive all the donations for their program. The players and teams include:
• Colin Kaeperwoof! representing the Spay/Neuter team
• Dan Mutt-Arino representing the Foster Care team
• Frank “Cheeks” Gore representing the Adoptions team
• Jerry Mice representing the Kitten Nursery team
• Joe Meowntana representing the Hope Medical team
• Peynut Manning representing the Wildlife Care Center team
• Steve Young-Buns representing the Humane Education team
• Tom Grr-ady representing the Animal Cruelty Investigations team
The Fantasy Furball fundraiser begins online July 31st and ends August 8th. Team scores are counted through donations to each team and the winning team will receive all the donations to their respective program.
“Not only is this a fun way to raise money for local animals, it’s also a way to help highlight some of the programs we provide the community that many may not be aware of,” according to Tarbox."
Most people associate us with adoptions, but hopefully they’ll learn we also have more programs like a successful spaying and neutering program and conduct hundreds of investigations into animal cruelty each year, all made possible by generous donations.”
For more information about Fantasy Furball and to make a donation, please visit.